> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Coleman Overheating
Login | Register

Coleman Overheating

Posted by Reed on January 20th, 2003 08:16 PM
In reply to gas furnace problem by Jerry on October 3rd, 1999 09:40 AM [Go to top of thread]

I've been servicing heating and cooling equipment on and off for quite some time now (I run a boiler operations company and I work on smaller ones if it looks like someone is really freezing), but I can't seem to figure out my current problem. A couple of years ago I had a contractor install the following Furnace in my house:

Model: BGUO7512A
Serial: 981148307

The furnace is currently short cycling due to overheating. The furnace runs fine if I remove the lower access cover (where the circuit board is). It takes this much air flow to prevent overheating. It doesn't even run if I leave the filter access open. It needs the full access cover for the circuit board. Could the high limit switch fail in such a way as to cause the furnace to trip out at a lower than desired temperature? Is there any way this could be a thermocouple?

I'm thinking about just replacing both the thermocouple and the high limit. Any opinions would be welcome, especially by email.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC