We recently bought an older house that has a big stone fireplace. The prior owners of the house had converted the fireplace over to ventless propane gas logs. We have since converted to ventless natural gas logs. When the logs are not lit, there is a draft whenever you walk by the fireplace.
The front of the fireplace is rough stone so it would be tough to put in glass doors. I have checked the damper and it does not appear to be closing properly. Since we have the ventless logs and do not really need to open the damper, is there anyway that we can actually seal the flue off? Do you know of any commercial products that would allow us to do this?
Any information that you can give us would be greatly appreciated.