> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Code Names and Attitudes
Login | Register

Code Names and Attitudes

Posted by Jim -ATS on March 29th, 2000 03:38 PM
In reply to My Take ... by Jay J on March 29th, 2000 12:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have to agree with Jay J. Using code names and sarcasm aren't appropriate here, even if you don't agree with what terry is saying.

I believe there are two separate issues here. Terry has a right under sears' unlimited warranty to return his tools. One of the reasons we all buy craftsman tools is because we know that when we use the tool for the wrong purpose, (like a screwdriver as a prybar) that sears will forgive us for our stupidity. Sears sells a lot of tools for that reason alone, and their warranty doesn't cost them much for the return on this investment.

However, Terry, I do have to agree that Sears shouldn't have to pay the penalty for you refusing to have insurance, and there really wasn't anything wrong with the tools until they burned. But this is purely an issue of conscience.

The Sears store in question is probably not acting in good faith, and I am dissapointed to read this. They should honor their warranty, or not have one. Selective honoring will hurt their reputation in the end.

For the rest of you guys, lose the sarcasm, and get an identifiable screen name. Own up to your opinions or don't post.

Standing proud in Seattle with my own unabused craftsman tools....

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC