> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > cobra ridge vent installed wrong?
Login | Register

cobra ridge vent installed wrong?

Posted by Peter Healey on December 9th, 2002 07:15 PM
In reply to Sounds like Cobra? by Mongo on September 21st, 2001 01:20 AM [Go to top of thread]

I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me about the Cobra Ridge Vent or direct me to someone that could. I had my roof replaced last fall, after checking on a leak in my attic I noticed that my ridge vent was closed up to about 1/2 inch to 1/4. My questions are:
1. How much ventalation do I need. My measurments are; I measured one half of my attic space it measures 13 feet by 15 feet by 6 feet. That is 13 feet across my attic floor, 15 feet down from my center line to my soffit board (measured down the rafter), and 6 feet from my attic floor to my ridge. My house is a 26 foot by 44 foot Ranch. How much attic space do I have to vent. That 13x15x6 measurment is only one half of my attic space. I have soffit venting with the rafter foam inserts. Those were not removed.
2. How much space is my Cobra ridge Vent venting. The vent measures 40 feet long by 3/4 of inch wide.
3. How would the Cobra Ridge Vent need to be installed to correctly vent my house.
Thanks for all the help, and have a good holiday season.
Peter Healey
Phone - 207-324-9775

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC