> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > closet flange
Login | Register

closet flange

Posted by Henry in MI on September 24th, 1998 07:39 AM
In reply to Re-fixing Toilet Bowl over newly re-tiled ceramic tile floor by Shilpa on September 23rd, 1998 08:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

4 of 9 people found this post helpful

Shilpa, you can get a closet flange extender ring at plumbing supply houses, but I really don't think that you will need it. Try putting the toilet back on the flange with the wax ring. If you feel the wax squish when you push it down/sit on it, you will have a seal. If it obviously doesn't squish, then get the extender. By the way, since you have it apart anyway, replace the closet bolts. These tend to get pretty corroded and replacing them is cheap insurance against future problems. Be careful when tightening them as it is pretty easy to crack the porcelain if you overdo it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC