> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Clogged Drain
Login | Register

Clogged Drain

Posted by BobB on June 14th, 2001 01:25 PM
In reply to Clogged Perimeter Drain?????? by John A Johnston on June 14th, 2001 12:09 PM [Go to top of thread]

John, FWIW I agree with your advice to another poster on deck screws.
Now on to your problem. I think that you have already put your finger on the problem. A clogged perimeter drain. You know that the water is there, but it's not getting to your sump well. I highly doubt that a mechanical cleaning technique would be able to unclog a clogged corrugated plastic drain pipe, without destroying it. However you may be able to use the services of one of those nifty camera devices that the Router Router people have, to help analyze how bad the blockage is , and what is causing it. You are probably going to have to start out doing some digging though, and a good place to start would be on the opposite side of the wall from the sump pump. Maybe when you uncover the pipe where it goes through the wall you will be able to see the problem. I had a downspout drain clog up with tree roots once, and even after I had dug it up, there was no real way to get the roots out of the pipe with out destroying it. I hope your clog isn't that severe.
Best Wishes

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC