> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Clearification
Login | Register

Posted by Roundabout on February 26th, 2002 07:12 AM
In reply to Access/Codes/Insurance by Jason on February 25th, 2002 06:08 PM [Go to top of thread]

Ok, By reading some of your posts I see its clear Im not explaining it perfectly. First yes I have a permit and everything is apporved.

Ill re-explain...The house is a split walk in and you have a vaulted ceiling with 5 risers up and 11 going down to the basement. At the bottom of these stairs is a 4' x 4' landing then a door that opens into a wide open basement.
This is door that is going to be removed then replaced with a new wall. Ok now I have box at the bottom of the stairs. Now looking at the old doorway Im going to remove the left and right wall of the stairway landing making it Wide open for a go left to the bedrooms..right to a family room...Each room as all the windows and what not along with chained smoke alarms through the entire house in ALL rooms. I hope this creates a better picture. There is no fire trap because it all now wide open..

My problem then is when I cut the Doorways in the wall to create the hallway the bottom plate will be above the basement floor 3/4"...making a lip on both sides of the new hallway..My question is "What am I able to do to this lip?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC