> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > cleaning/re-sealing grout between ceramic tiles
Login | Register

cleaning/re-sealing grout between ceramic tiles

Posted by Carol on March 24th, 2002 08:47 AM

Help! I cleaned the grout (unsanded, narrow grout lines) between my ceramic tiles in my entryway and kitchen, using Zap restorer and cleaner in the entryway, and CLR and zap cleaner in the kitchen. The grout's original color was a deep tan. The grout in both rooms has lightened (not a problem) but has developed a "haze" which I have not been able to remove. I've scrubbed until my arms ache, I've used various household cleaners. Nothing seems to get the haze (or is it bleached?) off. (and no, shame on me, I obviously did not do the recommended "test" area first).
Next question: I have ceramic tiled kitchen countertops too (but will await advice before cleaning those!) Is it possible to paint over grout to change it's color? The grout inbetween my countertop tiles is a much darker color than the tiles and to my eyes, looks too "busy" in my kitchen, especially with the floor also being tiled. I cannot afford a solid countertop (which is what I'd really like). Many, many thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC