> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > cleaning driveway and toilet roughin
Login | Register

cleaning driveway and toilet roughin

Posted by LJ in TX on January 22nd, 2000 08:34 AM
In reply to clean concrete driveways by C Ng on January 20th, 2000 08:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi CN,
I assume you have already tried cleaning with a good detergent and good brush--you can buy driveway cleaning products at the homecenters or autoparts stores too I think.....Next I would try a high pressure washer, it should blast the concrete pretty clean....

On the 12 inch roughin for your toilet...I would say it ia a good bet that you have a 12 inch rough in, this is the Standard for roughin, usually 10 inch roughin's occur for remodeling jobs where there maybe limited space to increase the distance from the finished wall to the centerline of the sewer pipe coming from the floor. I would suggest if you are still uncertain to remove the old toilet and measure to be absolutely certain...then you can plug the hole temporarily with a rag to keep sewer gases out until you can run up to the plumbing supply to purchase your replacement toilet..Hope this helps...Post back up and let us know how it turned out.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC