> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > clean glass
Login | Register

clean glass

Posted by Nancy Tomlin on December 27th, 1999 06:07 PM
In reply to cleaning glass by Colo. Bob on December 26th, 1999 05:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

Colo. Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I do take the glass from the frame before cleaning so there is no damage to the wood or glaze (we refinish the wood and re-glaze before putting the window unit back in the house). I have used paint thinners and mineral spirits, but they don't remove the haze. We have pulled glass from windows throughout the house, but there has not been a pattern where this section has the haze and others do not, so I don't think it is something that was sprayed on the house (I could be wrong, I'll pay closer attention as we go). I've been cleaning with a scrubbing pad - course on one side and a sponge on the other...I will try the steel wool this weekend and let you know if that works. When looking at the film, I can see scratches in it so this implies that it should come off, right? The windows are just so beautiful; 2x2's, each glass pane is 14"x36". I go to dreamland just looking through them...until I hit one with this haze. Thanks for the imput, I'll let you know how it goes.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC