> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Class Action Lawsuit against Hurd
Login | Register

Class Action Lawsuit against Hurd

Posted by MCM on May 6th, 2003 05:04 PM
In reply to hurd windows seals leaking by lar on February 17th, 2003 03:15 PM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 2 people found this post helpful

In 1999 we moved into a house that had Hurd windows. It was built in 1993 with Heat Mirror 88 sash windows. About 40 windows in all. So far I have replaced 18 of them due to broken seals (fogging), mostly on the west and south exposures, although some on the east side have gone too.

Until now I have managed to have Hurd pay for the replacement cost (full) of the windows. I did the labor. Now that I have 6 more windows to replace, I am being told a new story:

1) "We are strictly enforcing our warranty. We will pay for 10% for this year, after that, you pick up 100%"

2) "We don't make HM88 anymore. We source it to an outfit in Colorado, and there may be some manufacturing defects. Oh, by the way, the cost of replacing with these has about doubled."

3) "We recommend that you replace your windows with our new low-E product. At your expense."

I fully expect ALL windows to blow sooner or later. So now my options are

1) Continue to replace the windows with the "outsourced" HM88, at my expense, with double the cost that they would have been 6 months ago. Poor quality, same seal problems?

2) Replace ALL the windows in my house with their low-E windows, at my expense (big $$ for 40 windows).

3) Class action law suit time.

Anybody with me!?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC