> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > City inspector
Login | Register

City inspector

Posted by JackD on January 28th, 2001 04:08 PM
In reply to Filling in a swimming pool by Brian McGrath on January 28th, 2001 10:54 AM [Go to top of thread]

6 of 6 people found this post helpful

Brian, the only thing I could add to Steves post is that maybe you'd want to contact the City inspector or county inspector that has authority over your area. These are the people that are going to have to approve the permit, if you need one and the final inspection of the job when it's completed. You don't want them for enemys. They seem to report to no one and their word is just about law. Make them your friend from the beginning and you'll have a lot less hassel. The last thing you want is for one of them to show up while you're doing the job because without their prior approval, anything you're doing will be wrong! Just a word from experience, when you first meet with them, YOU know nothing and THEY know everything. You want to keep it that way until you've established a good working relation with them. And as Jay is famous for saying, document, document, document, who you talked to, when, what was said, etc. If you live outside the city limits and decide to fill it in without contacting anyone, do it on the weekends. Very seldom do they work on the weekends. But then, the taxing authority has your property down as having a pool and it may come up sometimes in the future that the pools missing, like on the next appraisal. Just my thoughts.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC