> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > choosing paint
Login | Register

choosing paint

Posted by Henry in MI on October 22nd, 1999 04:23 PM
In reply to painting stripped cabinet by Kyla in CA on October 22nd, 1999 01:55 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Kyla. You will get a better finish by spraying, but you should be able to do alright with a brush if you are careful.

There is one word for what you want to choose and that is "quality". Go to two or three of the best independent paint stores that you can find. Tell them what you are doing and how you plan to do it. If you go to 3 different stores and get the same recommendation as to the type of paint from 2 of them, go with it. The independent specialty paint stores have to make a living on giving you good information and helping you do the best job possible so you will come back for other jobs and tell your friends and neighbors. They will be there to answer any questions that come up after the sale. Plan to buy their best quality level and brushes. I'm sure that you don't want to strip again soon so do everything that you can to insure a good, long lasting finish. Don't even think of buying on price. Is it worth it to save $20 and have to do the job again a couple of years sooner?

That's my $.02 and I'll get off my soapbox now.
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC