> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Choices
Login | Register

Posted by joe (the real Joe - Yea buddy) on October 14th, 1999 10:29 AM
In reply to The 64 million dollar question by TomR on October 13th, 1999 09:36 AM [Go to top of thread]

I think that Bob can save money by scrapping the New BB and keeping the old. Just by having "this old BB", Bob has gained much respect for this public service from me and many others. In fact, I now watch his TV show thanks to this board. There, this BB has become advertising for the TV show which pays the bills. It also can be considered advertising expense (tax write-off) accounting wise. Its effective advertising also, because I now watch the TV show.

Therefore, to answer your points:
1. save money by scrapping the new board and keep the old board as effective advertising.
2. the old HTML board should be less programming maintenance than the new database board, so you are saving on programming labor. Might cut this BB at 4 months worth of posts. Could offer a link to past 2 years worth of posts with no interactivity. This would simply be a file with no maintenance. You would have once a month maintenance to cut 1 month's worth out of this active board and paste it into the static older posts.
3. Security & censorship. This is not a problem, has not been a problem, and should not be considered a problem. There are liberal agendas nowdays to monitor and control everything. This is NOT the way to go. Let people police themselves.
4. Security again. Same as #3. If it makes you happy, I joe will never post another rude thing. There problem solved. Now, let's get down to business and help people!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC