> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > chimney vent
Login | Register

chimney vent

Posted by Doug Seibert on October 11th, 2002 02:20 PM
In reply to venting water heater by Josephine on October 11th, 2002 12:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

Sounds like you need a MASON to install a new thimble or opening in the chimney and close the old low one..........

And a HVAC mechanic/plumber to reconfigure the two vent ducts..........

In many 'towns' these may be the same person(s)...I would call your heating contractor to quote the job......The suggestion to vent out the window is pretty lame......I wouldn't want it there unless there were no other options.

The village inspector is worried that flue gases will re-enter the building because of the two different height flues...........doug

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC