> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Chimney Fires
Login | Register

Chimney Fires

Posted by Shawn on October 17th, 2001 07:30 AM


I burn a lot of wood during the winter months and in the past I have had two chimney fires in my stainless steel chimney. When I took the stove pipe off one time I found almost an inch of creosote built up in the pipe. Luckily we had no damage to the house.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to stop this buildup of creosote? I heard somewhere that you can buy these stovepipe thermometers that tell youi whether or not your stove is burning properly.

All suggestions welcome.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC