> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Cheyenne Rock Paint and Stepping stone
Login | Register

Cheyenne Rock Paint and Stepping stone

Posted by steve on July 26th, 2001 01:31 PM
In reply to Ralph Lauren River Rock Paint by john tuomi on January 18th, 2001 11:57 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

i am so frustrated with this paint. I am trying to paint a 11x14 room in this color. I have applied 4 coats fo this paint(reddish color) and it still dries blotchy and steaky. One can see the roller marks. i did the first three coats and then my dad did another coat. we both have experience painting. we both thought the wall was just sopping up the paint and eventually the paint would take. i started painting the kitchen today in a Behr paint(light yellowish color) and i immediately noticed that paint was so much thicker and easier to apply. I suspected the Ralph paint was thin while applying it and now i know for sure.
I am not sure what to do now, maybe texture it to a Venetian finish with a trowel(other texture) to hide the thinness of the paint or just paint over it with another brand. I dont really want to get a fifth gallon of paint this room ..its absurd. There is now way if this were a quality paint that it should require this much paint. I mean can you imagine trying to paint a whole house with this stuff it would take 3 weeks an 50 gallons. i have been painting for 2 hours a day for 4 days now and its still not done. i am also painting the living room in Stepping stone which is a grayish green. It comes out a little better on the plaster-like texture of my wall in that room as opposed to the straight drywall with an orangepeel texture on it in the guest bedroom. it still streaks though and is generally a low quality paint. Though the color schemes are nice dont be fooled this is not a good paint. the solution will be too match this color with a different brand paint and paint over the Ralph Lauren pait already applied.(my girlfriend just reminded me this is what she suggested after the first coat. your right again honey and i love you very much). I had the impression based upon past experience the paint would eventually come around and cover properly, but this is no ordinary paint, its sub-par paint. Saves money,saves time, saves headaches if you just match the great colors Ralph made and order it in a different brand.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC