> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Chemical smell from beds
Login | Register

Chemical smell from beds

Posted by Jim on March 17th, 2003 04:33 PM
In reply to "Flame Retardent" HA! .....That is a good one! by kp on January 7th, 2003 09:26 AM [Go to top of thread]

The chemical smell from some futons and standard beds is terrible, I am experiencing same problem. While it is true that there are scams with selling old beds in new cases, I very highly doubt that is the problem here. I wish it was, then the reputable dealers I go to would sell me odorless beds! The number of complaints from people who have bought futons and standard beds from both reputable and mom and pop stores that had identical problems is huge. A sampling of some of the unhappy customers is at a site I found I do believe that flame retardant is one of the chemicals used that produces this toxic chemical odor, especially with futons. Both I and a friend bought futons from reputable dealers and they both have same strong chemical odor. The only thing used in these futons that would cause this smell is flame retardant. Even the foam layers in some futons don't have that kind of distinct chemical odor. I just wish there was some way to air it out quicker or remove the odor or cover it with some kind of special cover. Unfortunately it looks like *** **** didn't come up with any solutions. I think the only solution is to buy from some of these places listed at the above website that sell products for chemically sensitive people or join a class action lawsuit that one person listed there to get these toxic bed companies to wake up.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC