> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Check Around ...
Login | Register

Check Around ...

Posted by Jay J on May 11th, 2000 09:05 AM
In reply to flag stone patio by tammy french on May 10th, 2000 07:07 PM [Go to top of thread]

Check around at your local nurseries. If they're selling flagstone, ask them if you should use concrete and/or grout for your flagstone installation. I don't see a problem as long as you properly handle water run-off. It can't sit on the patio nor along its perimeter. Be sure to keep this in mind when you do your walkway.

I don't see a problem using flagstone. Do this. Go to My Favorite WEB Search Engine, enter in +"flagstone" AND (patio OR walkway) and press Search. When you're done with looking at all the returned links, do the search over again EXCEPT put a ' ' (space) between flag and stone. In doing this 2nd search, you get another set of 'results'. Peruse them too. You'll find TONS of info on your project. I've included a few links for you to get started but DON'T just look at these links. Different folks categorize flagstone different ways. Some refer to them as 'pavers', others don't. Soooo, do the TWO searches to educate yourself.

A Nursery In Ontario (Retail, Wholesale, and Construction), Flagstone (just 'poke around' the site for info), Flagstone Info (Choose your Browser format, then 'click' on Styles, Prices, Patio Planner, and/or Instructions), and ALL Kinds Of Flagstones.

SO you see, 'things' can vary. Many of the sites have installation instructions for you. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC