> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > changing ranges
Login | Register

changing ranges

Posted by Dorothy DeMarco on February 8th, 2003 09:12 PM
In reply to Is venting a range a building code? by Lana on February 8th, 2000 10:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

I want to replace my range, but I have a drop in range! I was all set to purchase a radiant free standing or slide in range at Sears, when I started telling the salesman about my range. He said, I could do it, but should get a professional to do the work that is involved. He said Sears or someone they contract out could do it for about $200. My question is: If my husband installs it, so we can save some money, I would like to know where to begin? We pulled out the range we already have and saw wires, which salesman said would be there, and realized that this range is not close to the wall as the new range would be? We also realized we would have to cut the little back of the counter and the bottom of cabinet. And we were wondering if there are fire codes, as this new range would be closer to wall? Plus we would now need a plug in in the back for the stove. Can this be done without a professional? We would need a saw to cut that little part of counter that brings the drop in stove out from the wall? Can you help or suggest or give instructions where to even begin? Thank you, Mrs. DeMarco

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC