> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Chainsaw Repair
Login | Register

Chainsaw Repair

Posted by tomh on April 3rd, 2003 10:15 PM
In reply to I don't think I can return it now! by Mark on April 3rd, 2003 09:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 22 people found this post helpful

To get a good look at the saw, you need to remove the two nuts that hold on the sprocket cover (left side of the motor). Once you have pulled that off, you can properly align the bar and chain. You may need to de-tension the chain to get it to fit on the bar and sprockets. Put the side back on but don't tighten it all the way. Adjust the chain tension, then fully tighten the sprocket cover. Double check chain tension, You should just be able to see the bottom of the chain guides as you pull the chain away from the bar. If you see a whole line of them, tighten tension, if it is stiff, loosen chain tenaion. You must always loosen the sprocket cover just a bit when tensioning the chain.

Be sure you have chain oil and follow gasoline mix directions. Always use premium unleaded gas and 2-cycle oil (premium cleans better and holds octane longer). Be careful but have fun.

Let me know when you are ready to move up to a 36" bar and take out some real timber!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC