> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ceramic Tile on concrete slab is bulging up
Login | Register

Ceramic Tile on concrete slab is bulging up

Posted by LJ in TX on October 21st, 2001 08:22 PM

6 of 8 people found this post helpful

I have friend that has a home that is about 7 years old built on a slab foundation in Texas that has his 12X12 inch ceramic tile in his living room with two adjacent tile bulging up at the grout joint in the center of the room along a diaganol. if you carefully step on the peak of the bulge it feels like nothing is under it. There are no other signs of potential foundation problems i.e. cracks in the drywall, doors or windows not closing properly, etc. Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this?? I have not removed a tile yet to look underneath at what is going on with the slab beneath! Could it be just a poor job of installation of the tile by the builder or is it a sign of a more serious foundation or moisture problem that could be causing this bulging of his Ceramic tile? This is very puzzling,,,I have never heard of or seen such a problem with a Ceramic tile floor! Anyone with any ideas of what to look for ,,,will be a big help before they call in the professional help. Thanks. LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC