> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > central air compressor thingy
Login | Register

central air compressor thingy

Posted by pete on June 27th, 2001 04:13 PM

ok, i flipped the switch on the thermostat to turn the air on.... nothin. i go down near the furnace, and i hear the circulation fan running. so i go outside and the unit isnt doing its usual thing. so back inside and i check the breaker, thats fine. i then checked the outside breaker thingy and it seems to be fine as well.i took the access panel off and inside there is a solonoid (i think) and some type of switch with four screws on it and a button in the middle. i pressed the button and nothing happened. the button springs back out when i let it go. i went inside and turned the thermostat on (thinking the button would fix it all) and went back outside to look at it. no the button thingy is "in" or depressed... almost as if it sucked itself in. well still nothing happened. i turned off the thermostat again and cheked and the button is "out" again. whats left for me to check? the motor? im just trying to save myself the 60$ diagnostic fee from the dude who is going to slap in a 12$ part for the low low price of 125$ or somthing.
thank you for your consideration,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC