> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > cement board
Login | Register

cement board

Posted by Mongo on July 2nd, 2001 11:25 PM
In reply to Wall Repair near tub/shower by BobB on July 2nd, 2001 01:49 PM [Go to top of thread]

The 1/4" cement board is typically used for horizontal surfaces (couters, etc), and it is fully adhered to a stiff substrate.

For tiled walls in a bath, use the half-inch cement board screwed to the studs, with a tar paper barrier stapled to the studs behind it.

What was the source of the water? Was it a damaged tile (hopefully) that compromised the wall? Or did it come from elsewhere? Hunt down the source of the water and kill it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC