> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ceilings, ceilings, ceilings......
Login | Register

Ceilings, ceilings, ceilings......

Posted by Barb on April 30th, 2001 08:04 AM
In reply to Hey Barb, good to hear from you.... by Steve: on April 29th, 2001 07:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Steve...

Glad to hear from you too. I knew I'd be back with questions.

Spoke with the previous owner, and she said that the texture material is joint compound/spackle...and yes it is over the drywall.

As much as I would love to remove it...realistically speaking I don't think that I'm going to be able to. The area is just too's in the living room which is about a 20 x 30 foot area and that doesn't include the hallway. I'm going to see if I can drywall right over the new drywall and paint. If I have to put up some type of moldings where the wall/ceiling meet...that's ok.

The previous owner of this house really went overboard with the texturing...he even did the closets!! I can live with it everywhere else except in the LR...and even that is going to depend on the $$$. Worse case scenario is I leave it up and get it spray painted.

Boy, people should really think about what they are doing before they put this stuff on their ceilings. Especially if they plan on eventually selling their house.

Well, gotta go make some phone calls about drywall.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC