> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ceiling Speaker connections
Login | Register

Ceiling Speaker connections

Posted by Susan on January 2nd, 2003 04:50 PM

I bought an old house with ceiling speakers connected to a receiver. The receiver stopped working so I am trying to connect the wires to a new receiver. Can anybody help me identify the wires? I have one wire coming down from the attic which splits into four color individual wires (red, blue, yellow and green).

The blue wire has been attached to the plug-in connector of the red wire. The yellow wire has been attached to the plug-in connector of the green wire. So I have two plugs to plug into a receiver.

However, the receiver I bought has places to insert wire (without a connector). Also, the receiver has an "a" and a "b" channel with slots for right and left, and positive and negative.

I am at a loss how to connect the existing wire to the receiver. If I cut the connectors off, where would I attach them? A or B channels, right or left, and positive or negative?

I guess I have a mono ceiling speaker set up which I am trying to plug into a stereo receiver. Is there anybody who can make sense of my description of the situation and help me? Thanks. Susan

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC