> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ceiling paint
Login | Register

Ceiling paint

Posted by Mike on February 25th, 2003 03:45 PM

Hi, again thanks for all the past advice.

I have removed all of the popcorn texture from a large area of my upstairs. I re-taped all of my seams and skimmed the entire area with a thin layer of mud. I wet sanded and primered with Zinsser Latex Bullseye 123 Stain Sealer and Primer. Overall, the ceiling looks great, but due to the glossy surface of the primer I can see small imperfections that would never be seen once texture is applied.

Here's my question: I still have two more bedrooms and a bathroom to re-do the ceilings on, so I don't want to apply the texture right away. The ceilings right now are fairly glossy, and the walls are satin. Can I apply one coat of flat latex ceiling paint over the Zinsser primer, and later apply the popcorn over the ceiling paint?

To be honest, it could be awhile before I get to the point where I'm ready to blow the texture on the ceiling. I may wait until I'm ready to sell. Applying flat latex ceiling paint seems like a good idea, but I don't want to do anything that could cause me problems with texturing the ceiling down the road.

Thanks for your help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC