> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ceiling fan installation, which wires go where?
Login | Register

ceiling fan installation, which wires go where?

Posted by Toni Mills on March 9th, 2000 03:08 PM
In reply to Ceiling fan installation by Tom on January 11th, 1998 07:08 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ceiling Fan tips by dmasher on 11/08/2004

I bought a ceiling fan to install in a room I barely finished remodeling, the house is very old, about 200 yrs. any way, ofcourse the wireing isn't that old as they didn't have any such thing way back when, but it looks close enough. Not really, but there are no colors to follow and the old light fixture that was there was controlled by a light switch by the door. I want to install a dimmer/speed control switch where this flipper switch is located, and I also need to know how to figure out which of the ceiling wire/wires goes to the wall switch so that all around things will work as they should. I have not at this point cut any of the wires, but I have wrapped some marker tape around the wires that led to the bulb socket center contacts, I say this plurally as there were two lihgt-bulbs in the old ceiling fixture. The ceiling fan that I am about to install has four bulb lights w/pull switches that operate the lights and one to operate the fan. I hope that you can give me a hand in this matter, I don't want to hire anybody as I can't really aford it, besides I know that with a little sound advise I can do it myself. That's the yankee blood in me I guess. Thanking you in advance, Toni Mills

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC