Moderator Post (s) for this thread: >Bidding a jobbyBillhart on 12/21/2007
I had a similar situation in the house I just purchased. Accoustic cottage cheese ceiling had been added and we wanted to remove it. I had a peice of it tested and it turned out to contain asbestos. The test only cost me about $35, so it was a cheap investment. The company that I ultimately hired to remove the acoustic asbestos ceiling said that in some cases asbestos was being used as late as 1980. Call me paranoid, but when it comes to asbestos, I'm not willing to risk potential health problems later in life by removing it myself, so I felt that paying for the test and proper removal/disposal was a good investment. I wound up paying about $900 to have the acoustic removed from two rooms - approximatley 650 squar feet. I hope my input helps.