> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > CCA material
Login | Register

CCA material

Posted by Moderator, Steve on February 2nd, 2002 07:40 PM
In reply to soon to be: "say good bye to Pressure Treated Wood" by Moderator, Steve on February 2nd, 2002 03:06 PM [Go to top of thread]

When I build a deck I am always asked what is the square footage of material. I cite: cca runs about $3.75, cedar runs about $7, and redwood runs about $12.

The people that I build decks for are not the wealthy folks, most are like me and my company. They always go for the cca wood for durability and for the price. When I add my labor per square and you get a total, they like that figure and it becomes very reasonable.

But, very very rarely do I ever get a cedar or redwood deck. Too expensive.

I for get the web site, but cca wood has a tremendous site with all information on the product and do and don'ts about using the product.

its something like

Anyway no one has ever been harmed or hurt or killed because of cca wood. They do recommend not to burn the product or feed the dust to animals. But other than that the chemicals do leach out over time and its said that they do not leach into the ground but evap. During the "green" time when the wood is new, children and dogs should not go around Knawing ont he wood.

Most of you have noticed that the government has mandated those new warning labels on each stick of wood. I for the hell of it read on one time and its just full of disclaimers and rules. I knew what had to be happening sooner or later.

You talk about dangerous material used all over the city, check out rail road ties that are everywhere. What abour creosote, that stuff is like tar and it does leach. My neighbor installed a fence and had three high rr timbers installed and the smell is horindous and the stuff is killing my grass.

I even see people using this and cca wood for borders on gardens. That just does not make sense anyway, but hey, we have alot of those people around anyway.

Those whom work with wood like for decks, thresholds, or window sils, or where ever you have wood meeting water, cedar and redwood are just too soft.

This will surely effect my business and I am livid. Thinking about stocking up a mess of 2 x 6 x 12's for future use.

Yes its true folks.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC