> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > CCA.
Login | Register

Posted by Steve: on July 4th, 2001 07:15 PM
In reply to New EPA program for pressure treated wood--arsenic warning by Henry in MI on July 4th, 2001 11:00 AM [Go to top of thread]

No offence Henry, but people have been blasting PT wood for a long time. The American Woodworkers Product Institute which is a non bias set up has always been up front about the negative aspects of CCA and they have been, do not burn PT wood and do not mix in with animal feed. There have been tests with dogs knawing on PT wood and no problems.

I think this is the Green People finding another battle to fight. Just like today, a person has filed a suit against the upper class of automobiles which encorporate these new "blue head lights". One lady stated that she gets migrane headaches when she sees them at night. Another person stated that they get confused about these new lights and at night constanly double blinks them thinking their brights are on, then the owner goes to high beam and blinds the person.

Its another thing to gripe about in my opinion.

I look at it this way, would you rather not cut down pine, birch and other common wooded trees than to discontinue PT wood and cut down Redwood and Cedar trees?

More and more people do not use ANY common sense. I would imagine soon that some person will saw up a bunch of PT wood chips and eat them from a bown and then sue the industry for poisoning him.

Give me a break.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC