Squealing, shrieking, and vibration in pipes is caused by "cavitation".
Cavitation occurs when a large volume of water is suddenly forced thru a smaller more restricted opening.
Cavitation can occur from:
1) Large pipes suddenly becoming smaller pipes
2) Valves (or specifically washers) breaking and the debris restricting the water flow.
3) hard water deposits restricting pipe diameters
4) External debris from street water lines clogging your pipes.
5) Internal water borne debris (like pieces of solder, teflon tape, pipe dope, or PVC 'sawdust' enetering your water supply lines.
The only way to reduce or eliminate cavitation is to open the blockage and re-establish a proper water flow.