> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Cathedral Ceiling Venting
Login | Register

Cathedral Ceiling Venting

Posted by Diane on December 6th, 2002 09:58 AM

My husband and I purchased a house that was basically a "shell". The exterior of house was finished, i.e. roof, windows, doors, siding, but the interior was completely unfinished. We left the ceiling as a cathedral ceiling, first installing baffels,insulation w/vapor barrier, plastic and then T&G. The baffels extend out to the soffit, and there are four dormers ... the roof does not have a vent. We had installed radiant heat in the first floor, covering the tubing with cement. As the cement curred, the moisture within the house was unbelievable. This moisture, of course, proceeded upward to/through the ceiling. This caused water to leak at the dormers, probably from the moisture running down from the high ceiling. We knew that we would need to install a ridge vent, but time got away from us and it's now December (we live in Pennsylvania. Is it possible to install ridge venting in the snow (lots of snow)? Should we wait until spring? What type of ridge venting should be installed? Is it difficult (we are do-it-yourselfers)? Thanks!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC