> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > catch 22
Login | Register

catch 22

Posted by tomh on March 10th, 2003 11:18 AM
In reply to Structural Problem by Joe Swank on March 10th, 2003 02:44 AM [Go to top of thread]

You need to fix a problem, but can't do it until it is fixed and the architect can draft plans? Weird. You need to hire a competent structural engineer and have him draft and stamp the plans. Since your problem is structural, it is likely the architect is unable to design around the flaw and cannot assume responsibility for the repair / modification. If your project is in immanent danger of collapse, you may find it difficult to have any professional assume this responsibility.

If you could be more specific the problem might be more evident. In any event you have to realize that the architect or engineer is assuming considerable liability in designing a solution for your project. If they are not certain that they can design a solution, or lack confidence in the capability of the contractor to adhere to their design, they simply won't stamp the plans. No stamp, no permit. You should contact the architect personally and ask them why they cannot help, or if they can recommend /refer you to a professional who can.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC