> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Casings
Login | Register

Posted by Bill Coleman on October 10th, 2002 11:25 PM
In reply to Framing for tub by Moderator, Steve on January 25th, 2002 09:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

My wife and I have been building our retirement home by ourselves. We have been working on it for about 2 years and are about 80% complete. The main house is two story, appox. 4300 sq. ft. with a mud room attaching a two car garage. The upstairs portion of the garage is a "clutter" or hobby room for my wife. I also built a 1200 sq. ft. shop with a loft for parts and hdwr. storage. Between the shop and the garage I enclosed for my office. From the house thru the shop is all connected and A/C'ed. The shop is heated by hot water plumbed throughout the slab flood and heated by a 105 gal. Marathon hot water heater. The entire project is constructed out of Structural Insulated Panels (SIP"s) and is extremely energy efficient. We have been vidio taping the entire project throughout the entire process as well as digital photographs. I would love to shair some of this with you if interested. Again this entire project is being built by my wife and I alone. It is over 6500 sq. ft. I am an airline pilot which requires me to be out of town at least 15 days a month which has slowed the work but we will have it completed within the next year. I will be 60 in 3 years which forces me into retirement. It must be doon by then.
MY QUESTION...... I want to build exterior casings and window and front door cross-overs. I need some sugestions on there design. The type and material used for this application. Can you help with suggestions on design or a web sight for help?
Thanks for your time reading this and any help.

Bill Coleman

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC