> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Carrier Gas furnace
Login | Register

Carrier Gas furnace

Posted by Kate Jarvis on December 5th, 2002 01:11 PM
In reply to Lennox vs Carrier Furnace by Jeanne on December 9th, 2001 01:39 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I have had intermittent problems with my Carrier gas furnace model 58GS075-1 (hard to read so may be 58CS075-1) series 101 serial number QIC06333 (again, hard to read so may be Q1CO6333). When turned on and cycling, sometimes it fails to light the burners and I get a very strong gas smell in my condo. It is installed with a Carrier air conditioner unit on top of the furnace and a Honeywell electronic air filtration system below it. Sometimes when this occurs, I fell it is due to a lack of tiemly clean out of the electronic filters; however, cleaning them did not make any difference this time.
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area so it does not get too cold until now, December. Do you know of any issues common to this unit? Carrier is not returning phone calls and I have had this unit "fixed" every year without a lasting effect. I had PG&E come take a look but it did not act up at that time so they could not tell what was going on. No general gas or carbon monoxide problem was found by PG&E at that time. Do you know what parts typically fail on this unit? Help...this last time around has left me very sick with sinus infections and I can't go to work and I can't trust the furnace well enough to let it stay on at night so I am headed for pneumonia and my asthma kicking in.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC