> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Carpet troubles
Login | Register

Carpet troubles

Posted by steve Jones on June 4th, 2000 09:41 PM
In reply to carpet ghosting problem by S A McCaskill on June 4th, 2000 07:51 PM [Go to top of thread]

have the carpet company call their insurance agent out to access the damage and see what he says.

Good Luck and Just stay with it. Sounds like you are being jerked around and no one will assume responsibility.

A customer of mine had a problem similar to yours, but it was caused by the roll of carpet was too close to the center rolling dowel and the carpet was creased and had shadows.

I did not know this until then, but the closer to the center dowel the more troubles one has with carpet.

Anyway, after the carpet was installed and stretched, you could see roll marks where the carpet was near the center of the rolls end.

After the carpet company said that it will fall out in time, the insurance agent for the carpet manufacturer said that the carpet was indeed defective.

Three to four weeks later and allot of no one assuming responsibility and the customers perseverance and determination, they were awarded a new carpet and installation free.

So hang in there, and document all your dealings and take pictures and never stop saying "I am not satisfied and I want to be treated as you would if this was in your home".

Good Luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC