> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Carpet Adhesive
Login | Register

Carpet Adhesive

Posted by Henry in MI on June 13th, 2001 07:09 PM
In reply to ASPESTOS IN CARPET GLUE by PAMELA ROSS on June 10th, 2001 10:14 AM [Go to top of thread]

Pamela, I'm afraid that you will not get much help if you hide your request way down in the posts, ask for *** **** to respond (he never has in the years that I have been on this board), and YELL (type in all caps. it's also hard on old eyes, like mine). This is not to be critical of you, only to give you some tips on how best to get a response. The regular posters want to see you get good answers quickly but we answer because we enjoy doing it. At the same time, we all have limited time and are not paid or anything so if you make it easy for us, we tend to do better for you. We do not grade off for spelling or typing errors or poor grammer, but your computer will.

Another tip is to check the board first before you post. In many, many cases, we see the same questions over and over. How would you feel answering the same question when you know that an almost identical question and answer had been asked and answered on the last 6 days. So, I'll tell you how to do this. From the Fix It For'em page, the one where all the titles of the posts are listed, hit the ctrl and f keys simultaneously. You can do the same thing by clicking on Edit at the top of the Window, then clicking on Find. A smaller Window will appear. Think about a word or short phrase, like Carpet or Adhesive or even Basement, that might lead you to the answer. Type that one word into the box in the small Window and follow the instructions about clicking with your mouse. It will highlight every title that has the word in it. You can then read the highlighted title and see if you think the answer to your question.

You will find the answers to many questions already on here, but I don't remember your specific question being asked. Letting us know that you tried to find the answer first will also go a long way to having us do a little research or whatever to be sure that your question is answered. Even then, no one may know the answer but you can be sure that we tried if you did, and we will usually let you know that too and probably suggest a direction for you to get the answer.

In the case of your question, even though I don't believe it has been answered lately, most of us know the answer. May I suggest a test? Post your question again at the top of the Index/Fix It For'em page. See what kind of response you get. I'll bet you get a lot of good info! Maybe more than you want. LOL--particularly after this note. Believe me, I would not have taken the time if I did not want your experience to be better the next time. If you really don't want to do this, I posted my e-mail address and will answer directly, something I rarely do.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC