renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Carbon Monoxide detector
Login | Register

Carbon Monoxide detector

Posted by Mike on February 17th, 2003 09:50 PM

Again, thanks for the help on my questions regarding all of my ceiling and drywall repairs.

I recently installed non-vented gas logs in my fireplace. While doing all of my drywall work, I'm replacing my smoke detector and planning to add a carbon monoxide detector.

Where is the best place to add this? I went to the local home improvement warehouse, and they had one that plugs into a wall socket and has a digital readout. They also have one that mounts on the wall.

My question is this: Where is the best place to mount a carbon monoxide sensor? After seeing the ceiling mount units, I would think I would want to place them on the roof or on a wall near the top of the ceiling. But the one that plugs into the wall outlet confuses me. Are concentrations higher on the floor?

I'm at a point where I can easily add an AC powered unit. The premium model plugs into a wall socket and has digital readout. Should these units be installed near the top of the wall or near the floor?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC