> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > cap and moulding...
Login | Register

cap and moulding...

Posted by jb on March 15th, 2001 10:27 AM
In reply to molding at junction of different wall thicknesses by Charlie on March 15th, 2001 08:34 AM [Go to top of thread]

Are you saying that the wainscotting (pine) just comes up and ends? If you are talking about a way to cover up and trim out the top edge of these boards then I would use a piece of trim to "cap" it and maybe also a moulding under it to dress it up. Your cap moulding could be something like what is shown on this page:
It is a 3/4" piece, on the flat, with front edge sticking out past the pine boards and corners rounded off. I would actually make my own and make it larger so I can put a bigger moulding or chair rail under it. Under the overhanging cap I usually put a moulding to hide the top edge of the pine boards. You can use any of the following, or just another piece of flat stock on the vertical: Apron, Bed, Chair Rail, Cove, scotia, or wall, or even regular casing with the thick end up. These profiles can be seen at

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC