> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Can I avoid taking gutter down?
Login | Register

Can I avoid taking gutter down?

Posted by Karen on February 3rd, 2003 05:05 PM
In reply to Not uncommon to find by Moderator, Steve on February 3rd, 2003 04:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

It's a shed roof, so only one 30-foot span with gutter is involved. I was hoping to avoid taking down gutter, tho I guess that would be best. I actually thought I might be able to chisel off about 1/2 inch of that outer fascia board to bring it down to the same slope of the roof, then replace the drip edge. The problem remains, thoug, that the inner fascia board is about 1/2 inch lower than the sheathing, and the sheathing doesn't cover it--shouldn't the sheathing go OVER the inner fascia board? Another thought--does drip edge come with a wider flange (say about 6 inches)? If I could slide something like that under the shingles and seal the shingles down onto it that would probably prevent leaking--what do you think? I can't afford to spend anything if I can help it, but tackling the job of taking down the gutter and fascia might be a bit much, esp. since it's still winter. Thanks piles for your advice.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC