> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Call a basement professional
Login | Register

Call a basement professional

Posted by Dave on September 11th, 2000 01:48 PM
In reply to foundation problems by Alan V on September 10th, 2000 09:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

You have to be careful when calling basement contractors because they'll all want to sell you their solution. I would call someone who can repair the damage to the walls (a mason) and ask how they would solve the problem - or at least what's causing it.

Meanwhile, take a look at you downspouts - are they draining away from the house? Do they drain into a pipe at the foundation? Are you sure it's not clogged?

Also take a look at the way the earth slopes away from the house in that area - make sure it actually does slope down and away from the house so that water is not coming toward your house (like from the neighbor's downspouts.)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC