> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Calculating furnace & duct sizes
Login | Register

Calculating furnace & duct sizes

Posted by Darrell on August 14th, 1999 11:24 AM
In reply to install gas forced air furnace and ducts by dan macdonald on March 15th, 1998 09:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 23 people found this post helpful

There are NO quick-n-easy methods to calculate these factors. The easiest is "Right-J", distributed by ACCA _Air Conditioning Contractors of America), it's a software program where you input the type of construction (brick, wood etc) along with numerous other factors to achieve the Heat Load/ Loss of the building.

It takes years of training and experience to be able to perform a competent evaluation of the heating/cooling requirements for a structure, and have the system perform as designed.

Sorry, there are NO easy fixes. I know, I am a licensed Master HVAC/Gasfitter in Baltimore City. We are often contacted only AFTER the homeowner makes a failed attempt at installing a heating system.

Fortunately you asked before you leaped. Contact several contractors in your area for estimates, then select from among them.

I am sure the results will be satisfactory, and the installed system will perform to your expectations.

Good Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC