> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > buying landlords house
Login | Register

buying landlords house

Posted by Tracy Soto on March 10th, 2000 05:16 PM
In reply to Great! I'll be over to inspect your home by *** **** on September 28th, 1997 11:57 AM [Go to top of thread]

I am a single mom and first time home buyer. I've been renting from my landlord for five years and he wants me to purchase his home. The area consists of homes built from the 1920's to 1950's mine being built in 1953. I know there are hardwood floors underneath the carpets and the original bathroom is tile that is cracked in many areas. the second bathroom was an add-on that is so small you have to sit side saddle on the toilet and the walls don't seem to have ever been finished. Additions were made to the home sometime in the early 1970's that are so goofy no one can fugure out the reasoning for many of the changes. The Kitchen has 2 layers of linoleum that is coved and counter tops that are coming aprt at the seams. It just seems like projects were never completed all the way. i love the neighborhood, my son is registered for schoool and i have already qualified to buy the home as is, with the seperation I am trying not to cause anymore changes in my son's life. I have been looking around for ideas on remoldeling and keep getting different explanations on how the jobs would need to be done to bring the house up to par. I know there would be plenty of equity in the home buying as is (seller will do termite work) for a 110,000.00 in my area because one house down the street similar size sold for 146,000.00. I work in escrow and deal with construction loans and first time homebuyers all the time so I figured I could do this no sweat. Well I was wrong. If you could give me any guidance, suggestions or references or even consider my home for a project, it would be grealty appreciated. I love this neighborhood I can't imagine going into any other area. Thank you for your time.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC