> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > But
Login | Register


Posted by Moderator, Steve on February 27th, 2003 03:43 PM
In reply to stud finder by tomh on February 27th, 2003 12:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

sometimes the span between the wall studs when using this tall of a baseboard, you will encounter the concave shape of the walls. Even if you do find each and every stud and even the bottom sillplate, you will still get this gap. Here is where you need to use caulking to fill the gap. No other ways unless with a very large gap, try countersinking a hole and driving one dry wall screw into the board and into the drywall, it will suck the board to the wall. Then putty over the countersunk screw head. Use this only on larg gaps between the wall studs.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC