> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bulkhead doors
Login | Register

Bulkhead doors

Posted by Henry in MI on November 10th, 2000 04:02 PM
In reply to Installing bulkhead door by Diane on November 10th, 2000 02:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Hi, Diane. There is a way to easily search the board and it's right there in your computer. Go back to the bulletin board page, hit ctrl-f, type a word that you want to search for in the block of the window that appears, keep clicking and reading as it highlights anywhere where the word you typed appears.

You should get pretty detailed instructions with your doors. The ones that I installed had great instructions for everything from laying blocks for a new installation on. Since I put them on a house that was built in 1840, I did have to use some pressure treated wood to fill some gaps and depending on your particular installation, you might have to do some finaggiling also. But then again, you might get lucky and just be able to drill holes and put them in place with anchor bolts. I sealed around everything with a good silicone caulk. For what it's worth, I prepainted everything so it took a couple of days for this, waiting for the paint to dry, and most of a day to install the unit. Again, I had to make some filler pieces of wood and put in some new cement so this took a little while longer. If you were just replacing exactly the same old unit, you could get it done in a couple of hours with 2 people working.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC