> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Building platform bed
Login | Register

Building platform bed

Posted by Heidi MacFarlan on January 26th, 2003 11:15 AM
In reply to HOW TO BUILD A QUEEN SIZE PLATFORM BED by NAOMI on September 27th, 2002 10:55 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> Multiple Questions in this Thread by Handyman on 05/17/2005

Moderator Post:
> Bed Plans, Crib Parts and Recalls by Handyman on 07/25/2006

I don't see why the plans for this bed couldn't bed adapted for the dimensions used in any other size bed.
I'm trying to replace the doug fir cal. king platform bed that my ex husband cobbled together. It's not beautiful and just a little low for me, but its worked wonderfully.
He built a frame with 2x4's in a lattice on end, He built a top and botmless box 1/2 the width and 2/3rds the length out of 1" plywood, with internal bracing at the corners (he used triangular blocks the height of the box). The box is flush with the head of the bed, centered across its width. He topped it with 1/2 inche playwood, and used a key hole drill to place air holes. I use lined wine crates and baskets underneath for storage. High density foam and futons are best for this.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC