> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > building an interlocking concrete block wall-downhill slope
Login | Register

building an interlocking concrete block wall-downhill slope

Posted by Mary Lentz on October 11th, 1997 03:26 PM

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

I'm building interlocking block wall around a corner where two streets come together. The slope is downhill all the way. I started at the crown of the corner with five blocks highThey are staggered blocks(stairstep style)I moved uphill going from five stairstep hig for several feet then to four by coming up to the level of the top of bottom block then to three. This looks fine, but when I rounded the corner and started downhill(I have about 20 feet of downhill and I am at the bottom, street level,(Oh, I forget to mention, most important, I am keeping the top level of the blocks LEVEL and changing the bottom to get up the hill going to my left, but when I work downhill around the corner O cam't figure out how to do it!To stay with the downhill slope and keep the leveldo I have to angle the blocks (blocks are 4 inches x 12 inches & wider at the front than at the back. If I build up the dirt the wall looks too high. Do I have to angle down the blocks/slant them down to follow the slope, which won't match what I've done on the up hill side. I've never built a wall, tangible wall anyway, and I can't figure it out - HELP!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC