> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Builder Relationship
Login | Register

Builder Relationship

Posted by Shawn on March 28th, 1998 12:38 AM
In reply to Tar Paper by Kim Rowell on March 25th, 1998 04:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

I agree with Michelle to a point Mrs Smith but you probably have many considerations to make. The most important is probably money - If you terminate the contract you will most likely lose some money. You may also be in a situation where you have to be out of your current home by specific date.
I built a new home 4 yesrs ago, things went great with the builder throughout the construction - Coming back to take care of little problems was a big problem.
Michelle is 100% correct in saying that you will have problems, hopefully they will be minor.
Not knowing the laws where you live, I can say that in Michigan what I had wound up doing was beating my head against the wall fighting with the builder, then finally turning to the Department of Commerce in Lansing. The building inspector was informed within a week, and the builder was here to take care of my complaints. I found out that the Dept. of commerce has the authority to actually deny a builder permits for future construction.
Beware that that process can take several months - I suggest you purchase the home, expect some problems and also expect to get a few grey hairs over the whole ordeal! My experience was frustrating 4 years ago but my attitude changed quickly after the problems were resolved. Now I have no regrets about my building experience.. Best of luck to you!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC