> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Bright Idea Dims - Removing Inlaid Flooring With Compressed Air
Login | Register

Bright Idea Dims - Removing Inlaid Flooring With Compressed Air

Posted by Dodgeman on June 26th, 2000 12:48 PM

Well, what seems like months ago, I said I would report back when I tried removing The two layers of inlaid flooring in my kitchen using my air compressor. What I was trying to do was remove both layers right down to the glue without leaving any partial layer of the inlaid.
I first drilled 3/16 inch holes through both layers down to the underlayment. I then injected 90psi compressed air using my non-OSHA blowgun. It actually worked to a degree - except it didn't always remove it down to the glue. I still had that partial layer of inlaid that stayed down. Sometimes a 1 -2 square foot bubble would raise up, other times the air would blow out through a crack or seam. Once I had a 1 square inch piece pop completely out and hit me in the face. Yes, I may use a non-OSHA blowgun, but I had my safety glasses on! Anyway, I concluded that pulling it up by hand was probably just as effective. After the novelty wore off, I left the rest of the flooring down for now.
Lets see, if I first cover the floor in dry ice.......
Any more Ideas??

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC